Thursday, January 30, 2014

Can You Say PRESSURE?!?!?

So I finally got the nerve to write that second blog, and even enough courage to post it. I was completely WOW'd at the response! Absolutely unbelievable. I had a lot more views than I would've ever thought off one little Facebook post. Then the sweetest messages, calls, texts, you name it started coming in. They all made me feel wonderful, and the best was from my wonderful husband. Now, anyone who knows Ryan, knows that he is NOT the romantic type. (But I love him anyway!) He sent me a text with four simple words that surpassed every other comment, post, text, ...well, you get the point. All it said was:

 "Your blog was good." 

OH MYLANTA!!!! I am dead serious when I say that I started to tear up just a smidgen. There is nothing better than when your husband pays you a compliment in an unexpected way! It so made my day. :) I think we as wives just want to make our husbands proud, especially when it comes to maybe doing a little something  for ourselves-(like a blog!) There are a lot of times I feel a little selfish doing something that's just for me, and for him to acknowledge this endeavor, it was priceless.

I hope that this blog will be fun for people to read, enjoyable, even somewhat entertaining at times. I also want it to be an uplifting time for just that right person, at just the right time in their life. I think my husband saw that in my blog today, and ladies....I DIDN'T even have to explain it to him! (insert Hallelujah chorus)

The thing that I am still unsure of, I mentioned in my very first entry. I'm not sure what all I am suppose to write about. Y'all have put the pressure on me! Some serious pressure I tell ya! LOL. What if that was my one hit wonder, and it's all down hill from here?!? LOL, seriously though, I want each entry to be as enjoyable as the first two apparently were. It just came from my heart is all I can say. It's my life, my feelings, my thoughts. Just because you wanted to hear a little bit about my husband and my kids, doesn't mean that's all there is to me, or that's all you want to read. This is where you come in a bit. I'd like to hear from you on what you'd like to read on my blog. Would an occasional recipe be too boring? A thought on a book I'm reading for our women's book club at church? About the joys/pains of having a deaf dog?? (you get the picture) I want to hear from you! Comment below, or shoot me an email, somehow, let me know!

I do think that this is just another step that the Lord is ordering for me in my life to connect with others. Why, I'm not sure, but I guess we will see where this takes us!

Enjoy the Journey!

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment